Sunday, August 14, 2011

the Summer Camp wrap-up......

It's important to begin by saying that my children ASKED to go to camp this summer. In fact Stuffie BEGGED to go to camp. And we all know how Kung Fu feels about karate.....
So I started school a week early and signed them up.

Stuffie went to Mad Science's Chem Works camp. We've had experience with Mad Science before. Kung Fu did their NASA camp a couple of summers ago and loved it. They cost $140 a week and it' scheduled form 9-12 everyday. I got a Groupon and was able to send Stuffie for $90 and I think we got a great deal!
Stuffie really had a wonderful time. She couldn't wait to go in every morning.....in fact she was so eager to get in everyday that I couldn't get a good clear picture of the front of her!
By the end of the week she had quite a collection of "scientific instruments" and a t-shirt identifying her as the Mad Scientist that she is. If she wants to go back next year I would willingly sign her up and pay the full price. On Friday I took her out to the lunch of her choice.....
                                      SURPRISE! She picked McDonald's...again.

In our free time together we did a TON of reading.....
                                                 reading......
She managed to finish the book along with an entire happy meal and a chocolate shake.
We also managed to squeeze in our Tuesday date and big surprise she picked Target. Happily I discovered they sell chicken nuggets so she now orders them along with her popcorn and Icee....
                                               She's the cutest!

Kung Fu opted to go to Karate Camp. His goal was to level up up his instructor collar. One of the things I love about ATA is that they train Kung Fu to be an instructor. He even gets time each week to help teach the lower level belts. As much as I have issues with the company that owns our contract the actual organization that is ATA is doing something wonderful with their different level programs.
He learned 3 Forms, learned more of his own Black Belt Form,  and learned various other things that one would learn at such a camp. He got a Certificate of Completion at the end of the week. Many many thanks to Stefanie for coming and taking the pictures because of course I wasn't allowed inside....


I'm pausing here to give mad props to my 10 year old boy who really stuck it out this week. It wasn't easy for him to get up everyday and attend this camp and I admire his tenacity and his desire to achieve his goal! Awesome Job Son!

of course the fact that I sent these along on Friday helped take out the sting.....
                                                     Hi Babies!

After Papa Bear got home we took him out to his favorite restaurant and he also got a new Lego set and a new book. BECAUSE HE EARNED IT!
This kid is hard core!!!
                                           LOVE this precious child!
Next year I will not be sending him to karate camp.....just sayin'

Tomorrow we're back to school....

No comments:

My Favorites