Friday, August 12, 2011

Banished...

I'm sure you're all expecting me to blog about my banishment. In fact I had planned all day to do just that. But really it's the same old story with the karate school and so I'm going to blog about something else or rather to someone else.....

Parents I'm talking to you. I'm talking to the ones who stand in the lobby and complain. 
You complain that the class sizes are to big. You complain that things cost too much. You complain that the instructor doesn't speak kindly to your child. You complain that the instructor doesn't teach the form, proper technique, proper etiquette. You complain that the instructors don't have all the information you need. You complain that the instructors are never available to answer you questions. 
Just yesterday you complained that the Black-belts should be trained in a separate class. You complained that the class sizes were too big. You complained that the extra $15 for the ribbon was ridiculous. You complained that an instructor who no longer teaches at the school can't open his own school for 3 more years but you'll be signing up when he does. 
You complained about my blog post.
You complain. 
You complain. 
You complain.
But nothing ever happens. Oh sure you may think that what happened to me was pretty bad.
After all I did get threatened with litigation. I was told I can't enter the karate school anymore.
But at least I got something.
All you get is......ignored.
You get the satisfaction of knowing that your kid got 'good enough'
Well guess what.
Good enough isn't good enough for MY kid.
Nope. Good enough doesn't wash with me. I want BETTER. 
indeed....
I WANT THE BEST FOR MY KID!
So I will continue to complain. 
I'll blog.
I'll text. 
I'll facebook. 
I'll write emails and letters. 
I'll picket if I have to. 
But I will NEVER stop advocating for my kid. 
I will NEVER stop demanding the best for him. 
I will NEVER just lay down and take it.
I will NEVER let their good enough be good enough for my child.
I will NEVER stop.
NEVER.

My Favorites