Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Getting back into the groove....

Today I really felt like we were getting back into the swing of things.....like all of the kinks are ironed out and we are ready to rock and roll.
With that in mind we did some of the 5th day Time Traveler stuff. For those who don't know WP schedules 4 work days and the 5th day is for projects that you didn't get to or extra stuff from the Time Traveler. I printed out 3 things and we made two of them.
these are designed to go into their personal notebooks and are pretty cute. I cut some 6x9 envelopes and taped the bottoms closed and then they glued the titles on each. Slip in some cards printed on card stock and viola.
The other project we worked on is for our big lapbook that we're going to put together at the end of the unit....

it's a wheel that turns and shows you different navigation tools and their names.  The kids really liked this one. I think it's only fair that you know that yesterday and today's project both required the use of an exacto blade.

We continue to enjoy  WP's Language Arts and we crossed 2 more cities off of the list.....

I'm not at all impressed with their Bible....mostly because they barely even use one. Like today for example....
                                           2 paragraphs? really?

We didn't get to science today because I had to clean the house...no really I did....it was getting to the point where humans shouldn't live in it. Any homeschooling mom knows that if you give them seat work to do and go scrub the toilet; as you are doing the afore mentioned scrubbing their brains are being scrubbed of motivation and reasonable thought.
There was one other thing I disliked about today and that was having to feed my boy his dinner at 4:15 so he could get to karate. I'm looking forward to CCD starting so he can eat his supper with the family at a normal time on Tuesday's...
                                               poor fella :(

No comments:

My Favorites