Monday, August 1, 2011

I got robbed.

So I woke Kung Fu and Stuffie up this morning and made them eat and jump right in the shower so we could be over at the post office by 9am. My thinking was that people would be at work and the line wouldn't be so long. You can't take pictures in a government building so I don't have any photos of the 18 people on line ahead of us.
I thought the Trades and Craft kit was spread between both boxes so we open the top one with out looking at the label and discover it's the Build A Bear I just ordered Stuffie for Christmas. I'm blaming Don. Luckily she didn't see the actual contents of the box otherwise I would be blogging on my road trip to Michigan. I know I could get a mob together...just sayin'
                                                         actual Trades and Crafts box.....

Here's what I paid $54 for with an extra $5 shipping charge attached......
                                           can you believe this?!?!
                                                              I call SHENANIGANS!!!!!
I am completely blown away that the box has rocks, fabric scraps and crappy paint brushes in it. Guess Don's eating out on me tonight. I hope he chokes. 
As I mentioned there are rocks in the box. These rocks are to play the Plum Stone Game scheduled last week.
See that part that says 'preparation'? That's the part that tells me what else I need to do with the contents of the $64 box and other stuff that I may or may not have laying around the house. Since I throw everything away I had to go to the Dollar Store and buy a basket and a sharpie. I needed the sharpie because I have to color the rocks and draw on them. I kid you not!
Here's the game all set to go. You toss the rocks in the basket and depending on what combo they land in that's how many points you get. The pony beads are to help you keep track. Once the main pile of 100 beads is used then you can start taking beads from your opponent until you have all the beads and you're the winner. 
They played twice. Kung Fu said it was OK and Stuffie said she loved it.
And see that's the thing about WP. They are actually really loving the curriculum. Today they learned about different ships and then did 2 little projects....
The first was to color a ship and cut little doors into it and glue it on top of another page and when you lift the door the ship part is under there to help you identify it.
                                            Stuffie made a very colorful ship...
I used and exacto knife to cut along the lines for the flaps. They also colored smaller ships to go into their big project at the end if the unit. They had to write the name of the ship part on the line. I did the writing for Stuffie because the lines were small and her writing is big ;)
Kung Fu opted for a more traditional ship color while Stuffie went all out and used lots of colors.
We are also still enjoying the Language Arts. He thinks it's neat that he can complete the page and it reveals a clue....this is a major improvement over last year.
I'm still in love with the Astronomy...especially the notebooks. Somehow Kung Fu and Stuffie got different notebooks for the same subject but that has worked out nicely as Stuffie's had more places for drawing which is what she likes to do most of all.......
Today we learned some stuff about the Sun and then they worked in their books. Since Stuffie was feeling a bit under the weather I did the writing in her notebook today as well. She drew the pictures. I love the light bulb.
The only thing that Kung Fu has complained about is Writing with Ease....too bad I don't care if he likes it or not. HA!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Bwaa haa haa!!! You could've gotten a bigger bag of rocks at the dollar store for a dollar. Or stole some from Kayleigh because she already has a bag of dollar store rocks. LOL

Mean Mama Bear said...

I actually thought the same thing about getting my rocks from Kayleigh...lol

My Favorites