Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Holy Moly!

Look at what was in my email when I got home this afternoon.....

This message was sent to you at the request of WinterPromise, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below.


I am BLOWN away!  Seriously it almost makes up for this....
This absolutely stunning piece of crap is my replacement book for Winter Promise. It was another 'Really Don?' moment. To give you an idea of the crappy content here's the ONE PAGE on Virginia....
I really don't even know what to say. Luckily Stef loaned me a pretty awesome States book and I'm going to use that along with the WP stuff and some other stuff about the US I've been picking up here and there. I don't know why I expected more....but I did.
 Otherwise our day was fantastic.....They  did their Bible over breakfast since they got a late start this morning....apparently all this dancing (or not in Kung Fu's case) at VBS is wearing them clean out. Here they are doing their Horizon's Math...which never lets me down.....
I got the nifty lap desks at Barnes and Noble and they are awesome! They have a place for pencils and a clip on the side to hold papers.....
Stuffie decorated her's with stickers....in the background is her 'cube' it holds all her stuff so we don't have anymore delays looking for pencils or markers. They can only be open during school. That's the idea at least, we'll see how it works out through the year......

I continue to be amazed at how much Kung Fu is enjoying WP's Time Traveler stuff.....we colored a Ptolemaic Map to compare with the map of the world we did on Monday....He was all about doing it and doing it well...I finally had to tell him to move things along or finish it after school....he got moving....nothing like the threat of homework to make the colored pencil fly faster....here are the finished maps....
They also learned about the different flags ships would sail and what they meant...then they had their choice out of 3 flags and they both chose the St.Georges Flag.....Kung Fu was again told to hurry things along...lol...here's his masterpiece.....
After that we cut our day short so we could go out to lunch and then to the library with our friends....we hadn't seen them in 2 weeks so we were ready to play!
                                                                     Together again!
                                                        Gummy worm's have multiple uses.
                                                                  enormous glasses

Don't you just love summer?

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Don't know how I missed this one. ROFL Glad you like the Star Spangled State book. I can email you the HST info on it if you'd like to install it on there.

My Favorites